Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I never received my eBay item shipped via USPS-they said it was delivered...?

Hi guys,last week I purchase some cologne on eBay(35$ + 9.99$S%26H).When I checked the tracking # On USPS site I was suprised-it said it was delivered.I called them , trying to find out what was happening-they said signature confirmation was not required,the carrier might put the package in front of the appartment??Then the`supervisor`advised me to contact seller,and ask him to make a claim that it was lost and get another item( the package was insured).
When I contacted seller he wrote:
"I had a case like this in the past and because the tracking # shows that you got it. There is nothing that can be done. Insurance claim will not help because if you state that you never got it and USPS checks the tracking # claim will be denied. Someone on your end had picked it up. Or postal employee scanned the item and then took it.
Paypal: Signature confirmation is only required on items over $250.
Sorry
Mike"
CAN ANYBODY ADVISE ME WHAT SHOULD I DO cuz I `am buying often on eBay?
Answers:
File a claim with the USPS anyway. An insured package is an insured package regardless of what the tracking states. It may be denied but you'll not know that for sure unless you put in the paperwork. You may be surprised. Talk to your local postmaster.
The other alternatives include signature confirmation or shipping through UPS. As a seller and buyer on eBay I prefer using USPS but UPS won't leave a package at your door without your waiving making a claim for nonreceipt.
File an item not rec'd claim.
You never recieved the item. Period.

It was apparently stolen after it was delivered.
Force the seller to file an insurance claim.
It could be that your package was mis-delivered, in which case there is a chance of recipient giving back to post office, then it would come to you better late than never. Other than that you can't sue the P.O. so I wish you luck, hope my scenario works out.
I would go to the ebay community and ask this question there. I've read many times that it is the seller's responsibility to get the item as described to the buyer, no if's and's or buts. The tracking # shows 'someone' got it, but won't show who. Having a paypal account protects you in some ways, but you'd have to read their account rules to see if you qualify. But the community will tell you what you should do next. I don't know enough about that to help you. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net