Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I really need you to help me now?

tell me what you think about this,
i'm on SSI and i was told that b/c i live with my husband to be i can't get anymore pay and the only thing i can get is what i'm making right now till the first of the year, cost of living.
i have had problems with my diabetes and a loss of my little toe last year and more bone removed this month.
i only make 415 dollars and pay for rent and food some and a little bit of the bills to help my man to keep us a flot.
SSi told me that if he makes more then me and we both live in the same house i can't get more money to help me live.
yes it covers my meds and hospitel bills but i still pay a cover charge.
what can i do to get more money to help me live?
i'm not married to my man right now and i don't understand this Louisiana law that does this to me and others like me in more need of this help.
i have tryed all that i can do and even ask that free ask a lawyer and to no avail.
help me i need help and soon
this problem makes me sad, i can't work.
Answers:
I'm sorry about your situation.

Here's the bottom line you need to understand to come to grips with your situation.

"i don't understand this Louisiana law that does this to me and others like me"

Louisiana didn't DO anything TO you.

SSI is something they might do FOR you.

If they don't do something FOR you, that isn't doing something TO you.

The first thing that needs to be done to resolve your situation is that YOU need to understand that it is YOUR situation, not Louisiana's.

I'm pretty sure that sounds harsh, but if you think it isn't the truth, you've been lied to for a long time. The sooner you realize that nobody owes you anything, the sooner you'll stop waiting for "Louisiana" to solve problems that they really don't care about.
thats just the way it is, other people abuse it all the time, in your case, I suggest him doing some side work if you can't!
You will probably keep your medical. Why should us taxpayers pay for your rent? will you pay mine? I only get $950 SS a month and expenses are 1200. None of us are that great off.
Well you could always get a job, but evidently that is not going to happen.

You live with someone who is capable of working - so why should the taxpayers cough up more to support you? I have known people on dialysis, chemo, with very brittle diabetes, and a myriad of people with health problems who still went to work. You want to live off the taxpayers then expect to live poor - that is just the way the cookie crumbles.
This has nothing to do with Louisiana. Social Security is a federal program governed by federal rules and regulations. SSI is essentially welfare and is need based . If you have household income that exceeds the regulation limits, you are technically denied. You probably have not worked much in the last 10 years because if you did, you would have been getting Disability benefits(SSDI) instead of SSI. SSDI does not consider household income because people who get SSDI have worked 5 out of the last 10 years and therefore paid into the system. There is nothing you could do to keep that money unless you lived alone. That will not work because the 415 you get would barely pay the rent and your man would still have to pay for his place anyways.
yes that is a problem we need a democrat in office

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net