Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I purchased a 9mm handgun abt 10 years ago. Am I allowed to carry it in my vehicle? I live in Orlando Florida.

Where can I find out about handgun laws in Florida. How doI go abt getting a permit to carry a concealed weapon in Florida.
Answers:
Florida law requires that a gun in a vehicle be "securely encased."

This has been interpreted to mean that as long as the gun is inside a case or compartment, you're legal.

This can be a gun case, or even the glove box of your vehicle.

It does not have to be locked.

The gun does not have to be unloaded.

There is no "three-step" rule codified into Florida law.

Better yet, get a Florida Concealed Weapons Permit, and you can carry the gun unencased, as long as it is concealed.
get a conceal/carry permit...or else no!
You have to have a permit to carry it concealed in your car.
visit you friendly local sheriffs department.
Is someone out to get you?
Here are the FSAs that relate to carrying a concealed weapon in the state of Florida.

By the way, hi neighbor! I was in your area a few weeks ago; I live north of you.

The second link will tell you how to apply for a permit.
I would log onto the NRA website, they cover the laws from every state. Be careful about leaving items in your auto, there are some models that are very much in demand by thieves. If you haven't yet you may want to think about some quality training, sometimes the best thing to invest in is yourself, you'll be glad you did

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net