Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I recently left an asda store and i wanted to know if other people have suffored with this bad workplace!?

I have witnessed enough and wanted to leave,during my time there i have witnessed the managers bullying staff,rascism,bullying,some one recently got sacked or forced out for eating toast which costs 6p without paying!!another for a bannana! Also the managers were constently watching us through the cctv cameras is this alowed??I hate asda and wont ever shop in there again it sucks!
Answers:
Yes - my husband worked there and it was a load of crap. Managers have such an attitude you'd think they were working in a nasa space station, and holding degrees in nuclear physics. I think that's supermarkets in general - I was recently working for Morrisons in quite a senior position. I had to write notes for staff to follow to in order to do a particular task - I had to put pictures and flowcharts in it etc and my boss just kept saying to me "it's not that they're thick..." After a week I was saying "no?! well what is it because of?!" - none of the warehouse staff would talk to me, because i was in a suit - none of the directors would talk to me because i was beneath them - and the only other "suit" people smelt of fake tan and spent all day talking about their latest diet. I walked out after a week and laughed when asked what could be done to make me stay - ha ha - f*** that!!
Asda is meant to be like the third best place to work for in the UK. I read this on the news.
As for people who were sacked by eating a banana and toast without paying, I'm sorry but that is stealing, it doesn't matter that it was cheap, its still wrong.
If you felt you were being bullied then you should have talked to someone about it.
Sorry, but you have not supported your charges with facts. I am sure your business will not be missed!! Go elsewhere as you say you will.

Chow!!
Its not just Asda, its Tesco as well.
However staff should remember "if it aint paid for then its theft.," and some will suffer the consiquences if caught.

During my time with Tesco I witnessed the store manager on a floor walk take ice lollies out of the sales cabinet and offer them to the duty managers on the floor walk with him. This included the head of instore security.

I also witnessed a part time student given instant dismissal for theft when he took a bite from a rotten peach that had been signed of in the waste book and was awaiting disposal.

So conclusion. If your the manager you can take and eat items without paying for them, If your anyone else, you cannot.
Asda is owned by Wal-mart an American company, this is custom and practise with American owned companies.
Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrison's are no different they all deserve to be boycotted for the way they have ruined what used to be known as local community shops who served the public instead of the supermarket God "Profit".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net