Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I signed for a package for my neighbor lady & she's never home.?

Since I signed for it, i'm probably responsible for it now, otherwise I would take it to the office. (I live in apt) She works days %26 goes to college at night %26 never comes home until late. I am up late as well, but don't hear her when she comes in. Should I quietly knock on her door after midnight, take this package to the office, or leave a note on her door? I'm going to be gone for a week soon %26 want to get it to her before I leave. Any suggestions?
Answers:
Leave a note on her door stating that you signed for her package and to pick it up at the office. Take the package to the office, tell them what's going on, and leave it with them. They should have her phone number on file and can call her as well. The delivery company should have left it at the office for her when she wasn't home to receive it. I've lived in apartments for years and have received plenty of packages from UPS, FedEx, etc. and their policy is to leave it at an apartment complex office if no one is home, after sticking a missed package slip on the door. Leave her a note, leave the package at the office, problem solved.
Leave a note on her door with the days/hours when she can catch you (but don't mention you're going to be gone for a week, others could read that note too!)
leave a note on her door telling her you have a package for her that you signed for and in the note ask her to come pick it up
I would leave a note on her door and let her know that you will be leaving soon and that you would appriciate her picking up the package. Also you are responsible for it, however if she does not respond to your note or attempts at trying to reach her, you can always get the land lord involved and see if they can track her down. If that doesnt work, send the package back, but make sure you get a reciept for the package so that she doesnt say you stole it or something...better to be safe than sorry.
just leave a note on the door or in the mailbox
I'd leave her the note and your hours, mention you're up late and she can feel free to knock for it. But put it in a sealed envelope, just so passer byers can't read it.
I wouldn't leave it with the office because they are more than likely not 24 hours and she wouldn't be able to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net