Saturday, October 24, 2009

I live in Washington and my friends live out of state they want me to marry them via the Internet is it legal?

I am legally ordaned to perform a wedding in washingtion state but can it be done over the internet like a conferance call across state lines? they would get the licens, it could be sined by bride groom and witnesses but would have to be mailed to me for my signature can some one please if this is legal or what steps would make it so thank you for your time
Answers:
No-the bride and groom have to take out a license to marry in whatever state they wish to be married in. Think of marriages in Las Vegas that people from all over the country go to and get married.
If you are a licensed, ordained, Minister, you can marry anyone in any state, but you have to be in the same state as the bride and groom.
I am also licensed and ordained.
If it were the other way around (ie- you were temporarily out-of-state and they were in state), that would be OK. But your license to marry is only valid in Washington and you cannot marry folks in another state. They would have to come to your state in order for you to marry them. You would have to be licensed to marry in whatever state they are located in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net