Saturday, October 31, 2009

I need to know what type of attorney I need to sue a business that dumped cement illegally on my property? kd

I own commercial property worth over $300,000.00 and local cement companies dump over 100,000 tons of cement onto this property. First it is not zoned as a dump site, the city knew it was happening and did not stop it, and finally if it was legal(which it wasn't), there were on permits to do this? I need to know what type of attorney to retain to sue the cement companies. I live in Nueces Cty, TX. Does anyone have a specific attorney they know that does this type of work?
Answers:
You want a litigator with experience in real estate matters. You're not going to succeed with suit against the city, because the city did not owe you any duty to stop the dumping. If there really is 100,000 tons of concrete, the property is basically worthless, as it costs more than $3 to move a ton of concrete. The real problem is that it sounds like there is more than one company dumping, but you can sue each of them for the whole damage under an acting in concert theory.

Look in the Martindale-Hubbell directory for lawyers in Nueces. You will want one with an aV rating. Good luck.
I would enlist the services of a corporate lawyer %26 give him the "hard "facts of the case.
Good luck
civil
Either of the following areas of law. (I would suggest the first most)

Personal Injury
Real Estate
Environmental

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net