Saturday, October 31, 2009

I need help!?

I'm 16 years old and I just had a baby a couple of days ago. My grandpa lives w/ us %26 so does my sis (she's 4). My mom lied to the both of them and didnt tell them it was my baby, she said the bby was 1 month old and she adopted the bby from her friend. so basically since she lied shes telling me not to show any attachment towards the bby and to not act like the babys mom in ANY way. so whenever my sis or gpa are home she doesnt let me care for the bby or hold my baby. she also said that when i get my checks from welfare that she'll be taking $100 or more from them, could she do all this to me?!

i need help, i live in california and i dont know what the laws are here for teen moms. please help me find a way out or give me any website or hotlines that can help.

would going to the police be a good idea? and what do i tell them?
Answers:
The $ first off is not yours it is for the baby and unless your going to step up and support YOUR baby by working then you need to respect your mothers wishes. BY law it is your baby unless you sign him/her away.
Go to your local Catholic Social Services, explain the situation, and ask them what you should do to ensure custody, and proper care for your child.
I really hope this is good advise...
There must be a place in your area called Family Services. You can go there and I believe it is strictly confidential. The Cali law is that you are a minor until the age of 18.
Do you have a friend or relative where you can go and live with your child? Freely?
Man, I really wish I could help you. But there must be lawyers that protect the rights of minors. Get on the Internet and explore, do research. Because I believe it is absolutely imperative that you be your child's caregiver and parent and that you should NEVER be forced to hand that power over to anyone against your will!
I really wish you the best. I think you are a very couragous girl for having your child in the first place. Most teens would have taken other steps. Be strong and stand your ground. Just because you are a minor, doesn't mean you haven't any ground on which to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net