Saturday, October 24, 2009

I moved someones car for a joke, looking for some legal advice. Thanks :)?

First of all, I live in Northern Ireland, I'm 18 and I have never been in trouble with the police before. I have a provisional driving licence.

For a joke I moved this persons car from the front of my college to a car park quite literally around the corner. When we were leaving class my friend gave me his keys and said "Go and move his car for a joke" or words to that effect. For a couple of minutes he couldnt find his car, but then I gave him his keys back and told him where his car was.

I genuinely thought he would find it funny (everyone else did) but unfortunately that was not the case. He went to the police and is claiming I stole his car and took it for a joyride. Rather than wait for the police to come to me, I went into the police station and explained to them what happened. They where quite nice about it and I have a formal interview on Wednesday.

Any advice would be really appreciated, Thanks :)
Answers:
just be honest. i'm sure all they want to do is mediate between the two of you to settle it. if they were going to charge you i'm sure they would of by now. i guess though you won't be doing that. myself, i wouldn't go to the police, but i would still be upset with you. try to talk to him and explain you are sorry you hurt his feelings and scared him. that you genuinely didn't not intend that. if you tried right away he might of been still in panick mode and would not have been able to hear it and understand. try again. if he's there with the police talk about it there. hopefully and outside person that was not involved in the situation can help him to see it more clearly and resolve it
lol
LOL, I bet you won't do that again.
Even if it's a dare.
Think twice of the consequences before you act.
Honesty.

It was a joke, you are sorry that it has upset the owner of the car and you have definitely learned your lesson.

Just be honest...

Good Luck...
You didn't steal it, but you should never play pranks with people's vehicles. It's not really funny.

I doubt you'll get into any trouble because the guy's car is in perfect condition and he is in possession of his car (it wasn't stolen).

But, maybe you should not be "friends" with this guy anymore if he's going to call the police on you.

And don't ever play this "joke" on anyone ever again, it's not funny.

: 0 )
sounds harmless enough, you have to convince your friend and the Police! Sometimes a Joke can get you in hot water. someone I know put a fake Mouse on a womans desk at work, she suffered a Heart attack due to the fright! He lost his Job and had to do community service. cut back on the Humour
seems like you are the friend that everybody tells to do all the stupid things :) and where are your friends that gave you the keys? i bet they didnt go to the police station with you nor are they going to be witnesses.. get new friends buddy...
Tell your friend to lighten up and pull the stick out of his butt. What a kill-joy, I think I'd find another friend. Just tell the truth, I can't believe you will get in any trouble but good luck.
Well I believe that if you are not charged, you have no problem here with the law, but..if I were you .and I valued this friendship, I would apologize to the gent. You see he could drop the charges if he decided to and if he has feelings and thoughts.I think he does. he was using his feelings and thoughts to find his car when they could have been better spent on thinking about other things, right? It all really depends on the one you did the wrong to.

A partially wise man once said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!". Now you might say..."Hey! I wouldn't mind if someone did that to me!?", and this is the shortcoming of that wise man's statement. Because if one were really sensitive, at least today, one would consider how it feels to be the one you are purposely offending, not just how you would feel if it happenned to you. So I change it up a bit. The new law, Skippy's law, of Greater Works from the worship of mentors passed that can be seen in a heavenly sense improving things, because I can see the improved evolution of kinder deeds and thoughts, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, IF you were them!". This requires more thought on your part. Hope this helps.
my husband did that to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It was funny, don't worry,, the police will find it funny, since the car didn't leave the property. and as far as your friend in concerned, send him an apology card. Hopefully he will get over it.
I think you've done about as much as you can do for now. Go to your interview on Wednesday and tell the truth. In the meantime, apologize to the owner of the car if you haven't already done so.

The next time one of our "friends" tries to involve you in this type of joke, pass on the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net